CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
What you Need to Know about MHIP
If you’ve been on the hunt for health insurance CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield knows there are some obstacles to face. If you have medical problems or pre-existing conditions and are having a difficult time finding someone who will cover you, then Maryland Health Insurance Plan may be the right fit for you. In 2002 this program was made available by the state legislature and is available through CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield. Though the government and other representatives govern this health care plan, it’s administered on behalf of the state by CareFirst.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield offers access to either an HMO or PPO network. MHIP does cost more than a regular individual health care plan, but that’s to be expected in any high risk pool. And if you’ve looked around at others being offered you’ll find this to be true. The premiums, as governed by law, have a cap of one hundred fifty percent of what you would usually pay for an individual policy. This protects you so that you’re not charged ridiculously high rates.
Eligibility for CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is based on a few different criteria. The first criterion to meet is that you have to have been a Maryland resident for a minimum of six months. Then there are four categories which will qualify you for this medical coverage.
- If another health care plan has denied coverage because of medical reasons or problems that you have.
- If you have already have insurance (or are eligible for other insurance) but because of your health problems they have restricted certain aspects of the coverage. Of if you have health insurance but they’re charging you more money because of your health condition.
- If a child is eligible for CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield because of their medical conditions, they can submit an application through their parent or guardian.
- You’ll also find that there’s a long list of medical conditions that will automatically qualify you for coverage.
There is also another way to get coverage under this plan even if you have a lower income and can’t afford the high prices charged. There’s another program which is called MHIP+ and offers the same type of benefits but requires less out of pocket expenses for you. If you’re having trouble obtaining insurance, you may want to check into these programs. Their benefits cover a vast amount conditions and will help you with health care when other companies will not.
Wrong article? Not searching for "CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield"? Try Maryland Health Insurance Providers instead.
- Please call us if you would like to speak with an agent.
- Phone: (866) 260-9829
- 2942 North 24th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008