Maryland Catastrophic Health Plans
What You Should Know
While comparing Maryland health insurance options, you might start wondering… What is a catastrophic health plan and is it right for me? Maryland catastrophic health plans are designed specifically for what they sound like. While a typical doctor’s visit or medical procedure might not send everyone to the poor house, catastrophic illness, injury, or accidents can create huge medical bills that you cannot afford. Rather than wind up in bankruptcy like a good portion of the Americans who have filed recently, you can get specific insurance plans that are designed just for emergencies and catastrophic events so that you don’t have those expenses later on.
Here is an example of how Maryland catastrophic health plans work:
- These plans are also known as ‘high deductible plans’ or ‘major medical’ insurance.
- You will choose a higher deductible than normal, depending on what your insurer offers. This is usually between $500 and $2000.
- You ultimately agree to cover your own medical expenses until the deductible amount is met. That means that you pay out of pocket for anything up to the deductible limit. This renews every year. If you paid your deductible last year, you don’t get out of it this year. You have to re-pay the bills that come in until the deductible is met each year.
- Once your deductible is met each year, the insurance company covers 100% of the medical bills that you have for the rest of that calendar year.
- There are some restrictions about Maryland catastrophic health plans and what is covered, so make sure that you read the fine print and check out all of the details.
These are the basics of how these individual health insurance Maryland plans work. Ultimately, they could be the most critical type of insurance that people could buy. Even if it costs you $150 to $200 a month for the coverage that you want, it will spare you from spending thousands or even millions of dollars on unexpected expenses in the event of a medical emergency. You need to take the time to check out all of the different Maryland catastrophic health plans that you have to choose from and find the one that suits your needs best. Apply for multiple quotes so that you can get the best range of options for your health insurance needs, and make sure that you consult professional sources when you have questions or concerns.
If you need assistance or wish to speak to a representative, you can contact us at 866-260-9829, or get your free health insurance quotes today by visiting Maryland family health insurance.
Wrong article? Not searching for “Maryland Catastrophic Health Plans”? Try Guaranteed Issue Health Insurance instead.